Our aim is to provide our users and customers with the best possible products and services, to achieve this we make efficient use of the personal information we collect. We want our users and customers to have the upmost confidence in our handling of their personal information and be assured that we will provide an appropriate level of privacy and security to that information, in line with all current regulations.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you (our user / customer) or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. By visiting our website and / or engaging our services you are accepting and consenting to the practices outlined in this policy.
We encourage you to read this policy carefully, as it will help you make informed decisions about sharing your personal information with us.
What is personal information?
Personal information is any data about you that identifies you, or by which your identity could reasonably be ascertained.
Why do we need personal information?
We collect personal information from our users and customers (and/or employees or officers of its customers and suppliers) for purposes relating to the products and services we provide, which include:
- Responding to enquiries regarding sales, products and accessories and services we offer
- Processing orders and administering accounts
- Providing customer support and receiving feedback
- Warranties and dealing with any faults and complaints
- Marketing and promotional activities relating to our products and service offerings
- Product development and market research
- Meeting our regulatory and legal obligations as a business entity
- Employment and applications for employment
If visionagi.co.uk is unable to collect the personal information we require, we may not be able to provide our products and services as required.
What do we do with this information?
Where possible, visionagi.co.uk will collect users and customers personal information directly. We use this information to learn from users and customers; which helps us to continually improve our products & service offering from query to delivery (end to end) and enhance our users and customers’ experience.
We collect and use personal information under the following lawful bases;
- Consent – we have been given clear consent to process personal information for a specific purpose.
- Contract – processing of personal information when necessary for a contract or have been asked to take specific steps before entering into a contract.
- Legitimate Interest – processing of personal information when necessary for our legitimate interest, unless there is a good reason to protect the personal information which overrides and outweighs those interest.
- Legal Obligation – only as necessary, to comply with a specific legal obligation.
We use this information to:
• Process orders and payments
• Deliver products and services
• Help to prevent fraud ie. check card details with our merchant card checking facility and reserve the right to refuse orders based on their feedback
• Communicate with you concerning orders, products, services and promotions
• Open, run and keep your visionagi.co.uk account up to date
• Recommend merchandise and services that may be of interest to you
• Improve our site and platform for a better user experience
• Enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf
Do we disclose personal information to third parties?
We will NEVER disclose, sell or rent information to third parties for marketing purposes.
In providing you with a product or service, we may sometimes need to disclose information to a third party supplier, such as arranging for the delivery of your order or carrying out payment security checks. Even though our general policy is not to disclose information to external organisations, there are some exceptions, detailed below:
- Related Corporate Bodies
- Insurers & Financiers
- Suppliers and/or Sub-contractors who provide a particular service on our behalf
Please see below some example of the kinds of organisations with which we may contract out to:
- Delivery & Installation contractors
- Printers for marketing material
- Mailing houses for bulk mailing of letter or notices
- Information Technology service providers
- Accountants, lawyers and other service providers
The above organizations are not authorised by us to use personal information for anything other than the purpose for which we supplied that information to them – which means the information shared will ONLY ever be used expressly for that purpose.
Also, some of our information technology providers are cloud based solutions with some operations located overseas and, as a result, personal information collected by visionagi.co.uk may be transferred overseas (which are; Dropbox, Gmail, Xero, simPRO SiteGround & MailChimp). This will always be treated with the appropriate level of privacy and security. They do not control, and are not permitted to access or use this personal information, except for the limited purpose of storing the information.
Sometimes, we may also be required by law to disclose personal information – for example, information may be disclosed to a court in response to a subpoena or to a Government agency such as HMRC.
We may also disclose personal information where the individual consents to us doing so. That consent may be written, verbal or implied from their conduct.
What type of information do we need?
The typical type of information we will collect about you includes:
• Address/es for billing and delivery
• Phone number
• Email address
When you place an order, we may ask you to submit certain personal data to visionagi.co.uk such as your name, phone number, address, email address, contact and payment card details. By making an order and submitting your data, you agree to this information being used.
Please note: we do not collect, store or process your payment details; this is securely conducted on our behalf by our payment provider SagePay who are responsible for processing your payment details. visionagi.co.uk is PCI DSS compliant.
By registering for our email newsletters, you agree to our terms and conditions. We will ALWAYS give you the chance to refuse any marketing communication from us in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations and we promise not to share your details with any third parties for marketing purposes. At the bottom of each of our emails, there is always the option to unsubscribe to further communication from us, or manage your preferences or you can email us and request to be removed from the list.
How do we obtain this information?
The types of information we collect from you comes to us via the following means:
Information Provided By You
This is information you enter on visionagi.co.uk or give us in any other way. Most of the information provided by you is collected when you:
• Create a wish list
• Post a comment
• Rate a product
• Enter a contest
• Fill in a questionnaire
• Contact customer services, sales or technical.
You can choose NOT to provide certain information but this means that you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features or use your account to its full potential, ie. if you do not provide a telephone number, we will not be able to get hold of you if there is a problem which prevents us from dispatching your order. We use the information that you provide us to respond to your requests, customise your future shopping and to communicate with you.
• The IP address of your computer
• Email address and password (for registration)
• Computer and connection information, such as browser type, version and operating system
• Purchase history
• The full URL clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time)
• Cookies – see our section on Page 3 ‘What are Cookies?’
• Any phone number used to call customer services, sale or technical
• Products you viewed and searched for
• Items put in your basket but not purchased (known as lost baskets)
• Session information, including page response times, download errors and the length of visits to certain pages
• Page interaction information such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs
Information from Other Sources
This is any information received from other sources that we would use to update our account information. Examples of information we receive from other sources include:
- Updated delivery and address information from our carriers or third parties
• Credit history information which we use to help prevent and detect fraud
• Customer leads from third party suppliers (which are nSBRC, Barbour, RIBA)
This is information that comes to us to let us know if you have opened our emails or not. These statistics helps us to make visionagi.co.uk emails more useful and interesting, plus we learn what kind of offers or brands appeal to our customers. You can always opt out of our emails at any time by clicking on the relevant links in our email signature.
If you email us information?
If you send us an email containing personal information, we will take all reasonable steps possible to ensure the confidentiality of that information. The content of emails is sometimes monitored by our Internet Host and Information Technology provider for maintenance and fault detection purposes. Although, we take steps to protect information sent by email, it is not the most secure method of communication and if you are concerned about sending your personal information to us in this manner you may prefer to use alternative methods of communication with us, as listed in the ‘Contacting Us’ section of this policy.
We will NEVER collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent.
Sensitive information includes information about your race or ethnic origins, political opinions, religious beliefs or details of health etc. We rarely ask for sensitive information, but may do so occasionally, for example as part of a competition, promotion or survey. We will not require you to provide such information unless: (i) You have consented to provide this information (such consent will be deemed when you submit such information to us) or (ii) the collection of the information is specifically authorised or required by law.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are sent by a website to a web browser and contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. This enables the website to identify and track the web browser. Cookies can, amongst other functions, enable a website to recognise a device each time it visits, remember users preferences and recommend content. Cookies in themselves do not identify the individual user, but rather the computer used.
Different cookies do different things; some are essential to the operation of a website, whilst others are not.
The different types [and names] of the cookies we use are as follows:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies – these are cookies that are required for the operation of our website
[wfwaf-authcookie] this cookie is set by the WordPress security plugin “WordFence”. It is used to authenticate user’s login requests
- Performance Cookies – these allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to our website and see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. This information is shared with Google Analytics in an anonymised format (and is covered in more detail below)
[_gid | _gat | _ga] this cookie is set by Google Analytics, which monitor website performance and the usage of the site
- Functionality Cookies – these allow us to continue a live chat when you move between pages on our website
[woocommerce_cart_hash | woocommerce_items_in_cart | wordpress_logged_in | wordpress_sec | wpSGCacheBypass | wp-woocommerce_session_]
These cookies are set by us and manage your logged in state. If you disable these cookies, you will not be able to use the shop functionality of our website
- Advertising Cookies [1P_JAR | CONSENT | DV | IDE | NID]
These cookies are set by google.com, youtube.com and doubleclick.net (the Google advertising network). They exist to customise the advertising you see across their networks and with our advertising on those platforms (for further information please click here)
Google Analytics & Google Analytics Advertising Features
We use Google Analytics to collect information about how our visitors use and navigate our website (to track interest in our products which enables us to understand what most appeals so we can customise our offers and services). This allows us to analyse usage of the website so we can continually work to add new features and improve our users’ experience of them. We may use the Advertising Feature of Google Analytics to find out more about the demographics and interests of our visitors too.
How to Manage Cookies?
Third Party Websites
During use of visionagi.co.uk you may be delivered cookies by Third Party websites. Those of our partners and other third parties – if you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that visionagi.co.uk does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please make sure you check the individual site policies before submitting any personal data to these websites.
Embedded Content from Third Party Websites
When you visit a page with content embedded from, for example Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, YouTube, Google Maps, Instagram, you may be presented with cookies from these websites. visionagi.co.uk does not control the distribution of these cookies. You should check the third party websites for more information.
Online Surveys & Other Analytics
From time to time, we may run surveys and other analytic tools to improve our website. Cookies will be used to allow the form pop-up survey to be hidden on users return visits. This is to prevent users from being shown the survey again unnecessarily. Cookies are also used to record the overall number of answers to the survey questions and to link these to web statistics.
HTML Links to Other Websites
From time to time, we may use personal information to inform our customers about our products and services, or about special offers and promotions that we think may be of interest to you. We will always give you the opportunity to express a wish not to be receive any further direct marketing communications. You can let us know at any time if you no longer wish to receive marketing material (by contacting us by any means as set out in the ‘Contacting Us’ section of this policy) and we will remove your details from our direct marketing database. We do not disclose personal information to organisations outside visionagi.co.uk and its related companies for the purposes of allowing them to directly market their products. If you have elected not to receive information about our products and services generally, we will not send you any further information, unless we are legally required, by law, to do so.
How secure is the information we store?
Security of personal information is extremely important to us and we take all reasonable precautions in order to protect personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Here are just some of the ways we protect personal information:
- External and internal premises security
- Restricting access to personal information, to only those staff that need it in order to perform their roles
- Maintaining technology products to prevent unauthorised computer access or damage to electronically stored information, such as; requiring identifiers, passwords, firewalls, anti-virus software and data encryption
- Maintaining physical security over paper records
Your credit card details are NOT stored
Your credit card details are not stored on visionagi.co.uk. Each time you make a purchase, you will have to re-enter your credit or debit card details to complete your order. When confirming an order, we will NEVER print your card details on your invoice to protect your personal security. Payments are processed by SagePay and we use 3D secure as an extra method to prevent cards being used fraudulently. All information you submit when making a payment is transmitted to the payment provider using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts the information you input.
As previously mentioned: we do not collect, store or process your payment details; this is securely conducted on our behalf by our payment provider (SagePay) who are responsible for processing your payment details. visionagi.co.uk is PCI DSS compliant.
How long will we hold your data?
You have certain rights in respect of your personal information; the right of access, rectification, restriction, opposition, erasure and data portability. Please contact us as below if you wish to exercise any of these rights.
If you have an Account with visionagi.co.uk you generally can review and edit your personal information by logging in and updating the information directly.
It is very important to keep this information safe and protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. If you visit visionagi.co.uk using a shared computer, please do not use the browser function to remember your password and also remember to sign out of your account when you have finished your session. To sign out of visionagi.co.uk, click ‘Log out’ beside ‘Your name’ at the top of the page.
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office – it has the enforcement powers and can investigate compliance with data protection law.
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you wish to complete an Access Request please do so in writing either by email or post. We will request proof of identity before we divulge any information; which will be one form of photo ID (and if a member of our website, your email address and password that you submitted upon registration).
Once your identity has been verified we will respond to your request within one month (this may be extended to 2 months, if the request is of a complex nature, but we will inform you and state the reason for the extension).
We will provide this information free of charge (unless the request is clearly unfounded or excessive, particularly if it’s repetitive or if we’ve already supplied the information previously and you are requesting further copies; then we would be able to charge ‘a reasonable fee’ for this information) if any cost were applicable we would ensure we made this clear as soon as reasonably possible.
We are always pleased to hear from our customers and we appreciate any feedback that will help us to improve visionagi.co.uk to keep you returning to our site and recommending us to your friends and family.
Or, write to us at:
Vision AGI Limited
Queens Business Park
Cambridge CB21 5GT
Or, by phone on 01223 792 244
Last updated: 25th May 2018