How to Clean & Care For Architectural Glazing
You’ve made your vision a reality. A beautiful architectural glass extension or addition to your home. Living with the light means caring for and maintaining your glazing to retain its lustre and sparkle.
Architectural glazing requires specialised care to avoid damaging it. When it comes to the exterior of our glazing, most of us will be using a commercial window cleaning firm who are well-versed in cleaning all types of modern architectural and structural glazing. However, most of us will be the ones cleaning and caring for our glazing on the interior side. And then there are always those occasions where we may need to clean exterior glazing in-between visits from our professional cleaner. So, what’s the best way to retain that beautiful, clear vision? It’s easier than you think.
- Avoid cleaning tinted or coated architectural glazing in direct sunlight if possible as excessive heat prevents the removal of dirt and the cleaning fluid causing them to bond and stick.
- Apply a clean water and mild soap solution before the cleaning fluid to loosen any dirt and always use a non-abrasive cloth or squeegee
- Use a mild, non-abrasive window cleaning solution
- Clean glazing from top to bottom
- NEVER use razor blades, scrapers of any kind, abrasive solutions or abrasive cleaning implements on coated glazing as this will damage the coating
- Don’t allow dirt or debris to build up – especially on rooflights
- Always begin by rinsing off excess dirt and debris
- Use a separate cloth or squeegee to finish to avoid streaking
If you follow these few simple tips then you will retain that vision and keep your glazing looking as beautiful as the day it was installed for years to come. Have a vision? Explore our gallery and case studies for inspiration and then talk to us. Need advice on caring for your glazing? You’ll find plenty here on our blog or contact Vision AGI. Architectural glazing vision is our speciality. Get a new perspective on how architectural glazing can expand yours. #wehavethevision